Give 'Em A Big Kiss
(with help from Mom)
Looking for something fun to do in the kitchen with mom or dad? Make rice krispy kisses in all kinds of sizes for your favorite person!
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1- 10 oz package of marshmallows, mini or regular size (4 cups total)
- 5 cups Rice Krispy-type cereal, regular or chocolate
- Large bowl and spoon
- cooking spray or oil/shortening
- piece of thin cardboard
- waxed paper
- two baggies
- felt-tipped pen
- an adult to help you
1. Spray microwave-safe, large mixing bowl with cooking spray so mixture won't stick. Place marshmallows and margarine in bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Mix well.
2. Microwave on high for one minute more and then stir. Be careful not to burn yourself on the hot marshmallow-margarine mix. Get an adult to help you.
3. Add cereal and stir until coated. Let mixture cool for a few minutes while you make base of big kiss.
4. Trace a plate onto pieceof thin cardboard and cut out. Trace again on waxed paper and cut out.
5. Make an "x" out of two sheets of foil, then place cardboard circle in the center, followed by waxed paper. This is the base and the wrapping for the kiss.
6. Spray two baggies with cooking spray and place on hands (cooking spray side out!) . Place cooled krispy mix onto waxed paper and cardboard circles and shape into kiss. The baggies will keep your hands from getting yucky.
7.When you've shaped your kiss the way you like it, spray the inside of the foil with cooking spray (so kiss won't stick to it) and lift foil sides towards top of kiss, wrapping to look like Hershey Kiss.
8. Write a special message or "Big Kiss" on a thin strip of white paper. Crepe paper works good too. Give to a friend or your mom or dad.
To eat: Have an adult cut it with a knife and eat wedges of the Big Kiss. My favorite kind is chocolate- yum!
Note: You can use this idea to wrap cookies, candies and other homemade treats as a giant kiss.
Beau is 7 years old and loves to cook. He has been cooking since he was 2. He and his mom (the editor of Frugal Moms) like to come up with fun, inexpensive things to make in the kitchen.